Project Manager, Appalachian Trail Visitor Use Study
- M.F.R., Natural Resource Recreation & Tourism, 2006, University of Georgia
- B.S. Ed., Recreation and Parks Administration, 1996, University of Memphis
- A.A., Liberal Arts, 1992, Young Harris College
- Appalachian Trail Visitor Use Study Project Manager, UGA / Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, 2006-present
- Manager in Training, Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, UGA, 2005 - 2006
- Team Leader, Wilderness Leadership Program, 1999 - 2005
- National Park Ranger (seasonal), Assateague Island National Seashore and Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, 1994 - 1998
- 1996 Appalachian Trail Thru-hiker
Recent and Current Projects:
- Green G.T., Cordell, H.K., Owens, M., & Betz, C. (2006). Phase I Report
Submitted to Georgia's Department of Natural Resources on Outdoor Recreation
Participation and Trends for Georgia. USDA Forest Service, Southern Research S
tation, Recreation, Wilderness, Urban Forest, & Demographic Trends Unit: Athens, GA.
- Owens, M., Green, G., Cordell, K., Betz, C., Mou, S., Fly, J.M., Stephens, R.
& Leeworthy, V.R. (2006, May) Management Tool for Assessing Outdoor Recreation
Participation & Trends Relating to Public Lands: Using the Chattahoochee
National Forest as an Example. Poster session presented at the National
Association of Recreation Resource Planners (NARRP) annual conference in Nashville, TN.
- Cordell, H. K., Betz, C. J., Green, G. T., & Owens, T. M. (2005). Off-highway
vehicle recreation in the United States, regions, and states: A national report
from the National Survey on Recreation and the Environment (NSRE). Web Report 2005, p. 1-90.
- Research and administrative support for the National Survey on Recreation and the Environment (NSRE) 2000.
Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
320 Green Street, NB 241
Athens, GA 30602-2044
Office: (706) 559-4265
Fax: (706) 559-4266